Today I got @datametrics, my long time friend, on zoom and showed her how to use @peakd. We were joined by @missaj as well who gave some good input to the teachings. In this video you will get a good understanding of how to use peakd and the Hive blockchain and some good ole Jamaican vibes 😄. I like this format of showing a new user who isn't really familiar with the blockchain, as they ask the right questions many will be asking again and again. Though not everything was discussed, I think we hit most of the main points and @datametrics left the meeting with a good understanding of how peakd and the HIVE blockchain works.
By no means is this highly organized, but goes with the flow of the conversation.
- Logging and the keys needed in. 3:40
- Creating a post on your blog and in communities. 11:00
- Advanced features such as beneficiaries and saving pieces of info to to the clip board. 13:40
- delegation, HBD, Hive and Hive power, upvotes. 16:56
- Advanced snippet / clip board 22:27
- Statistical tools and more Hive backed dollar talks 24:25
- Curation rewards ( earn by viewing and upvoting other peoples content) 31:30
- My thoughts on Governments issuing digital currency and how it may impact crypto currencies. 34:27
- Sending HIVE tokens to another account or a cryptocurrency exchange. 36:36
- Delegating HIVE Power 47:46
- Resource Credits 49:20
- Swapping HIVE for other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin 54:39
One thing I really missed out on was explaining the Powering UP feature and how it = to hive power which gives you influence on the platform. I think that deserves a whole video for itself and was actually meant to be left out as there is a lot to take in with this sophisticated technology, HIVE.
Sites mentioned in this video
- Sign Up for a HIVE Account :> https://signup.hive.io/
- Where to post:> https://peakd.com/
- Swap HIVE for other currencies easily here:> https://blocktrades.us/en/trade
- Trade Hive and 100s of cryptocurrencies here: https://bittrex.com/Account/Register?referralCode=X4W-WE4-IAD
- User friendly exchange especially for those in the US. https://www.coinbase.com/