It that time of the week again - Three Tune Tuesday, a great weekly community event started by @ablaze !
Lately I've been watching a video and song that I've always absolutely loved, even though it is a bit of a spoof - Tenacious D - Tribute. A couple of key facts about this song:
- Tenacious D is fronted by funny man Jack Black,
- The song is a tribute to the greatest song in the world, allegedly !,
- The chord sequence in parts, draws very heavily from Stairway to Heaven.
But in terms of comedy factor the lyrics and video are brilliant !
And considering that Tribute borrows heavily from Stairway to Heaven, then that had to be the next tune - but, did you ever hear the Dread Zeppelin version ?????
I could only find a still video - the only other ones were terrible live versions. Its a brilliant version of the song. A couple of cool facts about Dread Zeppelin, and this song:
- Dread Zeppelin is fronted by an Elvis Impersonator called Tortelvis !
- They play Zeppelin songs in a reggae-stylie !
- Listen out for the cool xylophone solo played at the end by band member Fresh Cheese !
And then not at all related to the first two songs is a number by the 1975, called if you're too shy:
Its an absolutely cracking tune. It has the vibes of the 80s, but is a modern number. The video is a but quirky. And the lyrics are pretty crazy - I had listened to it a lot on Spotify not quite catching what the lyrics were saying, and then when I saw this video with the subtitles I was quite surprised ! A tad suggestive - great song musically though !
Well thats my three tunes for this week - hope you enjoy them
All credits, etc, to the relevant artists, publishers and musical labels, etc.